CO-OPERATION IN JOURNALISM

Association of Eastern College Newspapers Will Convene at Columbia School of Journalism Today.

Representatives from the Eastern college newspapers which comprise the "Association of Eastern College Newspapers" will meet in the new School of Journalism Building, Columbia University, New York, this afternoon. Before the regular business session the delegates will be the guests of Dr. Talcott Williams, President of the Columbia School of Journalism at luncheon followed by a tour of inspection through the School. At 2 o'clock, James Bruce, of the Princetonian, as president of the Association, will preside over the business session.

As the main purpose of the Association is to bring about closer co-operation between the different college dailies, several topics furthering this aim will be brought up for discussion at the annual meeting. This afternoon there are four main issues to be discussed, outlined as follows:

(1) Internal organization and general administration. (2) Editorial writing and policy. (3) A concrete plan for co-operation in advertising. (4) Adoption of a constitution by the Association.

The banquet will be held in the Hotel Martinique at 6.15 o'clock. Fourteen college papers will be represented.