FIRST LACROSSE GAME OF SEASON

Team Plays Boston Club at 3 o'clock.--Captain Brundage Disabled.

The University Lacrosse team will play a practice game with the Boston Lacrosse Club on Soldiers' Field this afternoon at 3 o'clock. This will be the first game of the season, and will give a good opportunity for the coaches to find out the weakness of the team. Practice has been going on for over two weeks, and despite the poor weather conditions and injuries, marked progress has been made.

The most serious loss to the team has been that of Captain P. F. Brundage '14, who sustained a broken hand, which may keep him out of the game for two or three weeks. During his term of inactivity he has been assisting N. B. Lincoln, 1G.B., in the coaching.

Arthur Warwick, the Canadian professional who was engaged to coach this year's lacrosse team, wired the H. A. A. yesterday afternoon that he will be unable to fulfill the contract. With the southern trip only two weeks away, the team is placed at a distinct disadvantage by this, and while the management is negotiating for another man, the coaching will be done by N. B. Lincoln 1G.B., and J. J. Forristall '13.