FIRST CONTEST WITH COLGATE

BASEBALL NINE LINES UP AGAINST TEAM REPUTED TO BE STRONG.

Weather permitting, Colgate will face the University baseball team in the first game of the season on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock.

The unsettled conditions of the past week have greatly retarded the work of the University nine. Only a light fielding and batting practice has been held in the last two days. Nevertheless, the rapid progress of the squad since it has been outdoors has been so marked that a strong and well-balanced line-up is assured for today.

The Colgate is already well ad- vanced in form is evidenced by the fact that Princeton barely defeated the team on Tuesday by a score of 5 to 4. In the first practice game of the year, Colgate defeated Seton Hall, 11 to 0, showing a good pitching staff and marked batting ability.

The batting orders for today:

HARVARD.  COLGATE.Gannett, r.f.  c., RobinsonWingate, s.s.  c.f., McLaurenClark, 2b.  s.s., GlendingAyres, 1b.  l.f., AbellNash, c.f.  3b., JohnsonHardwick, l.f.  2b., JacksonMilholland or Fripp, 3b.  1b., PerrinWaterman or Osborn, c.  r.f., StewartBoyle, Frye, or Whitney, p.  p., Allen, Brown, or Hick