DARTMOUTH MEETS BALL TEAM

HITCHCOCK TO OPEN ANNUAL CONTEST WITH GREEN ON SOLDIERS FIELD.

Dartmouth will oppose the University nine on Soldiers Field this afternoon in the only game between the two teams this season. The Dartmouth team has had an up and down season to date but in the last two weeks has been coming strong and an exceptionally close game is expected.

The Green team was barely beaten by Yale, the score being 2 to 1, and defeated Wesleyan, one of the strongest college nines in the East by the score of 5 to 4. Last Saturday, with Curtis in the box they shut out Norwich. In the three game series with Tufts, the Dartmouth nine was able to win only one game but as the Medford team is exceptionally speedy this year, this should form no basis for determining the present strength of the Dartmouth team.

The University squad seems to be recovering from its recent slump and had good work-outs on Monday and yesterday. The men seem to have regained their batting eyes and should play up to the form which they displayed earlier in the season.

In all probability, Hitchcock will pitch this afternoon with either Waterman or Osborn behind the bat. Curtis or Hallett will likely be on the mound for Dartmouth.

The batting orders follow: HARVARD.  DARTMOUTH. Nash, 1b.  3b., Roland Wingate, s.s.  c.f., Mendall Clark, 2b.  l.f., London Ayres, 3b  s.s., Low Gannett, r.f.  c, Wanamaker Hardwick, l.f.  r.f., Sullivan Milholland, c.f.  1b., Cook Hitchcock, p  2b., Kimball Waterman or Osborn, c.  p., Curtis or Hallett