PLANS FOR CLASS DAY WEEK

As in Past Two Years Events of Senior Graduation Will be Concentrated In One Week.

Although detailed arrangements for Commencement Week at Harvard are yet to be made, the new scheme of including all of the various academic and athletic events in one week will be followed, as in the past two years. The new schedule has been found to be greatly superior to the old one, when Commencement Day and Senior Class Day came far apart.

The first official event in Commencement Week will be the baccalaureate sermon, which will be preached on Sunday, June 14, in Appleton Chapel, the Seniors to be in attendance in their caps and gowns. After the service, President and Mrs. Lowell will receive the Seniors in the large reception room of the President's house on Quincy street.

The setting aside of one day as Phi Beta Kappa Day has been found of great value, and more is being made of the exercises held on that day. On Monday morning, June 15, the Phi Beta Kappa Society will hold a business meeting and afterwards there will be formal exercises in Sanders Theatre; at which President Lowell will announce the various academic prizes won by students during the year. At the conclusion of these exercises the society will hold a dinner in the Union. From the point of view of the average Senior, however, the most important event of the day will be the seventeenth annual Senior Spread, which will be held in Memorial Hall from 8 until 1 o'clock.

On Tuesday, June 16, the Class Day exercises of the class of 1914 will begin in the morning with a service in Appleton Chapel. At 11 o'clock there will be exercises in Sanders Theatre, at which the class oration, ode and poem will be heard. In the afternoon the Stadium exercises will begin, the most important feature of which will be the Ivy oration. On Tuesday afternoon, also, Harvard and Yale will clash in the first baseball game of the 1914 series, at New Haven.

Wednesday, June 17, will be given over to class reunions and celebrations, and in the afternoon the second of the Yale series will be played on Soldiers Field. On Thursday, Commencement Day, formal exercises, including the awarding of diplomas, will be held in Sanders Theatre, and here also the Latin and English orations will be delivered. On Friday and Saturday the Harvard and Yale races are scheduled to take place on the Thames, and on Saturday, also, in case of a tie in the baseball games, the Crimson and Blue nines will meet in New York for the deciding contest.