BROWN ON DIAMOND TOMORROW

UNIVERSITY NINE GOES TO PROVIDENCE FOR FIRST GAME OF SERIES.

The University baseball team will meet Brown at Providence tomorrow afternoon in the first of the two-game series between the two teams.

Coach Sexton gave the University team a long and hard work-out on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon in an endeavor to bolster up the weak spots which appeared in Wednesday's defeat by Dartmouth. Dr. Sexton has decided to use Mahan in the box in tomorrow's game as he is the only pitcher who is working up to form at this time. Frye will be held in reserve.

Brown's Line-up Strong.

Although handicapped in no small way by football weather and the lack of a southern training trip, the Brown baseball squad has appeared to very good advantage in the 17 games which it has played so far this season and will be in good condition to meet Harvard tomorrow.

As a whole Brown seems to be well balanced in the field, but is rather weak at the bat. The games so far this season have been won by excellent pitching and timely hitting rather than by any spectacular fielding or consistent work at the plate. Hazlett, who has proved to be a tower of strength behind the bat, has played a fine defensive game, besides batting well when hits meant runs. Durgin on first, is playing an air-tight game in the field, and his batting has also been of the utmost importance to the team. Several times this year, he has won games by his long and timely drives. At the keystone position, Tewhill is by no means giving the brilliant exhibition in the field which characterized his playing last year. Johnston is putting up a pretty exhibition at short-stop and is batting well. Babington, holds the honor of being the team's leading run-getter, besides the reputation of one the cleverest third basemen who has ever donned a Brown uniform. The outfield is well covered by Dike, Captain Nash, and Ormsby. The last has recently joined the 'varsity after a period of ineligibility. His all-round playing, while captain of the freshman team last year, was phenomenal.

The probable batting orders follow:

HARVARD.  BROWN.Nash, 1b.  3b., BabingtonWingate, s.s.  2b., TewhillClark, 2b.  l.f., DikeAyres, 3b.  1b., DurginMahan, p.  c.f., NashHardwick, l.f.  r.f., OrnasbyMilholland c.f.  c., HazlettGannett, r.f.  s.s., JohnstonWaterman or Osborn, c.  p., Henr