REORGANIZATION OF REGISTER

Management Placed Directly In Hands of Student Council.--Business Competition Begins Tomorrow.

The Executive Committee of the Student Council recently passed rules governing the duties and election of officers for the University Register, by which, for the first time, the management of the book is placed directly in the hands of members of the Council. In the future the president and vice-president will be members of the Student Council from the Junior and Sophomore classes respectively. The remaining officers will be selected by competition.

Advertising Competition Tomorrow.

The competition for the position of managing-editor will commence next fall and will be open to Sophomores. The competition for advertising manager, which is a remunerative office, will begin tomorrow, and will be open to Freshmen. This will afford an excellent business training and will especially benefit men who have a similar line of work in view after college. All Freshmen who are interested in this work should report to F. P. Magoun, Jr., '16, 60 Mt. Auburn street tomorrow evening at 7 o'clock. No previous experience is necessary.

The following elections and appointments have been made for the 1914-15 Register Board: President, Henry Alexander Murray, Jr., '15, of New York; vice-president, Wells Blanchard '16, of Concord; business manager, Benjamin Perry Whitney '15, of Wayland; managing editor, Arthur Perry Little '16, of St. Johnsbury, Vt.; advertising manager, Francis Peabody Majoun, Jr., '16, of Cambridge; associate editor: Russell Romeyn Ayres '15, of Montclair, N. J.; Frederick Josiah Bradlee, Jr., '15, of Boston; Donald Fisher Fenn '15, of Cambridge; Fletcher Graves '15, of St. Paul, Minn.; Henry Jackson, Jr., '15, of Boston; Day Kimball '15, of Boston; George William French Prescott '15, of Boston; James Jackson Storrow, Jr., '15, of Lincoln; John Cleveland Talbot '15, of Milton; Walter Henry Trumbull, Jr., '15, of Salem. In addition to the above officers a new graduate advisory committee has been created, composed of Edward Deshon Brandegee '81, Regent of Harvard University, Mark Antony De Wolfe Howe '87, editor of the Alumni Bulletin, and Roger Pierce '04, secretary of the Harvard Alumni Association.