LACROSSE SEASON REVIEWED

Encouraging Feature Has Been Development of Exceptionally Good Material For New Team.

Judging by the number of games won and lost, this year's University lacrosse season can hardly be termed successful. In the eight scheduled college games, the University team broke even; winning and losing four. On the southern trip, victories were registered by Johns Hopkins and the Annapolis Naval Academy, while the Mt. Washington Club and the University of Pennsylvania went down to defeat. In later games, the University scored victories over Hobart and Stevens Institute, but lost to the strong Cornell team and for the second time to Johns Hopkins.

The team's development has been considerably handicapped by injuries of some and the ineligibility of others, and much credit is due to Coach Gustafson for such results as he obtained under these conditions. The most encouraging aspect of the season has been the development of material which should make an exceptionally strong team for next year. Only three members of the team which played the last two games will be lost by graduation; Captain P. F. Brundage '14, F. E. Abbe '14, and G. P. Harrington '14, which will leave a large number of experienced players to build up the new twelve. Of these, the work of Captain-elect W. E. Nightingale '15, 2a.; J. R. Fleming '15, o.h.; P. Catton '15, 2d.; E. E. O'Neil '16, c.p.; and M. H. Cochran '15, g., has been the most noteworthy. From this year's Freshman team, several promising candidates will be obtained; chief among whom are E. B. Flu, R. H. Franzen, and R. K. Leavitt.

Work for next year's team will commence as usual in the fall, when particular stress will be laid upon the rudiments of the game, and in getting the men in proper condition for the finishing process of the spring practice.