A Carnival for Seniors.

Communications

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

The last half of the Senior year of a college class should be replete with devices to bring the members of the class into closer contact with one another, and hence, to broaden the field of the classmen's personal aquaintance. The trend of the day at Harvard is to emphasize more strongly than before the importance of group spirit--or to be more specific, class spirit. There are many who feel that 1915 has, on the whole, not been as active in promoting this spirit as it should have been, especially when one considers its large quota of university leaders and the things accomplished by other classes, notably 1916.

Now Dartmouth has a very pretty custom at this season of the year. There is a day or more set aside on which the whole college repairs to the country to indulge in the winter sports. We might well adopt this as a Senior custom, and fix a time, for instance, Washington's birthday, on which as many Seniors as cared might go in a body to the foothills of New Hampshire and there regale themselves with snow-showing and other winter delights. It would perhaps be possible to devise even other forms of heart-warming, rustic entertainment for this occasion. A day spent in some such manner would surely do much to heighten the visibly lethargic class spirit of 1915 and in addition, would fix a very delightful Senior custom. A. SENIOR.