TRIUMPHANT TOUR OF WEST

MUSICAL CLUBS WIN APPLAUSE AND ATTEND DANCES AND TEAS.

The University Musical Clubs returned late last night from their Western trip, which extended throughout the entire vacation.

The fifty men who made the trip left Cambridge on Tuesday evening, December 22, arriving in Syracuse Wednesday, morning, where they gave their first concert. Other concerts were given in Akron, December 25; Cleveland, December 26; Milwaukee, December 28; Chicago, December 30; St. Louis, December 31; and a dual concert with Michigan in Detroit on January 2. In all of these places the concerts were given under the auspices of the local Harvard Clubs, and in all of them many preparations were made for the entertainment of the Clubs,--sight-seeing tours, teas, dinners and dances being among the many entertainments which were tendered them.

On Christmas Eve the Clubs were given a dinner at the University Club of Cleveland. Christmas Day was spent in Akron, where they attended a tea and a dance, besides giving their concert. New Year's Day was passed in St. Louis, where they were entertained at many festivities.

The entire trip was marked with the greatest success, both financially and socially. Everywhere the Clubs were received with the greatest enthusiasm. Large and appreciative audiences were present at all of the concerts, and everywhere the support of the graduates was most loyal and helpful.