CANADIANS OPPONENTS ON ICE

University to Contest Queen's College Seven of Unknown Strength in Arena Tonight at 8.15.

The University hockey team will play the Queen's College seven in the Arena tonight at 8.15 o'clock. Little or nothing is known of the strength of the Canadian players this year as thus far they have done nothing of note. They had a strong aggregation last year and as several veterans are still in the line-up they should give the University a hard contest.

Since its last game the University team has improved considerably, not only in team-play but in individual handling of the puck and stick-work. Phillips' return will strengthen the line and Wylde's broken nose will not prevent him from playing, so that the University will meet the Canadians with practically a regular line-up, as far as that has been determined to date. The forward line is both fast and accurate and with occasional exceptions, plays well together. The defence is unusually strong and the team in general is in very good condition for the game.

The two teams will probably line up as follows: UNIVERSITY.  QUEEN'S. Curtis, l.w.  r.w., Dobsen G. Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Smith Phillips, r.c.  l.c., Box Baldwin, r.w.  l.w., McKinnon Claflin, c.p.  c.p., Quigley Morgan, p.  p., Smith Wylde, g.  g., Paoli

Yesterday's Practice With B. A. A.

Team A and the B. A. A. seven had a ten-minute scrimmage at the Arena yesterday afternoon which resulted in a 1 to 1 tie. Osgood shot the goal for the B. A. A. on a low, clean drive and Baldwin scored for the University after Townsend had gotten the puck within striking distance of the goal. After this game Coach Winsor sent the substitute B. A. A. line with Doty, Clark, and Harte as defense against the regular B. A. A. seven. Later Eckfeldt, Kissel, Fisher, E. O. Baker, Weld, Rumsey, Bliss and D. W. Patterson were put in.

Yesterday's Practice With B. A. A.