LAW CLUBS REACH FIFTH ROUND

Ames Competition Being Fought Out by Groups in Law School.

The Ames Competition among the Law Clubs in the University Law School has now reached the fifth round, arguments for which will be due on January 19. The results of the fourth round, just completed, are as follows: Cooley defeated Ames-Gray, Parsons defeated Beale, Kent defeated Warren, George-Gray defeated Bryce, Marshall defeated Moody, Westengard defeated Pow Wow, Lowell defeated Langdell by default, and Wyman defeated Witanagemot in the same manner.

The following statement in regard to the allowance for briefs has been posted: The sum of $300 from the Ames Prize Fund will be divided among the clubs which argue six cases in the competition in proportion to the number of victories won by each club. Victories won in the first round or by the opponent's default will not be counted for that purpose. In any case where both contestants deliver their briefs after the time set in the schedule no award will be made.

The present standing of the clubs in the competition is as follows: 750 per cent, Beale, Bryce, Cooley, George Gray, Kent, Lowell, Marshall, Moody; 666 per cent, Westengard; 500 per cent, Warren, Wyman; 250 per cent, Ames-Gray, Parsons, Pow Wow.