ALL-EASTERN ELEVENS SELECTED BY CRIMSON

Only Those Players Considered Who Have Opposed University Team This Fall.

Confining the field of its selection to those players who have participated in the games on the University football team's schedule, the CRIMSON here picks two All-Eastern teams. The first is as follows: Soucy, l.e.  Harvard Gilman, l.t,  Harvard Hogg, l.g.  Princeton Cool, c.  Cornell Dadmun, r.g.  Harvard McLean, r.t.  Princeton Higgins, r.e.  Penn. State Barrett, q.b.  Cornell Berryman, l.h.b.  Penn. State Mahan, r.h.b.  Harvard King, f.b.  Harvard

The six positions chosen from other colleges undoubtedly suffer a disadvantage in the selection, for whereas we have had opportunity to watch the Harvard players all season, we have had the chance to see the others in action but once, to their possible disadvantage. From the one observations, however, and from general press comment throughout the season, the CRIMSON believes the above to be as fair and as just a selection as is possible on any such mythical aggregation.

Soucy is picked for his excellent line play and aptitude for following the ball. His work in those two respects was universally commended after both the Princeton and Yale games. Higgins, of Penn. State, on the other extremity, is perhaps a superior man at down-the-field play, while each is remarkably adept at handling the forward pass.

Gilman Probable All-American Choice.

Gilman, who will undoubtedly be a general choice for the All-American team, is unquestionably the man to hold down one tackle position, while the work done by McLean of Princeton in the Harvard game grants him the place on the other side of the line. He was, in the opinion of the University players, the cleverest tackle which opposed the Crimson this year.

Hogg, another Princeton man, and the

best player in the Tiger line, gets a place at guard, with Dadmun, of Harvard, as a partner. Thurman of Virginia loses out even on consideration of his prowess as a punter, for the punting will be well taken care of by Maban, and besides, in the modern game of deceptive play, the wisdom of having a lineman drop back to kick is doubtful. Dadmun's play in the Yale game marked him as a guard of unusual ability, for not only did he defend his position impregnably, but time and again he took out both his own man and a player on the secondary defense giving remarkable interference as a guard on end runs. His down-the-field work will be remembered by last Saturday's episode of Bingham being "thrown by Gilman and Dadmun."

Cool, the light Cornell centre, seems to be the logical choice at the pivot position. He is very experienced, passes well, and is a valuable man on the defense by reason of his powers at diagnosis. He has been marked all season as a centre of great ability.

Ithacan Leader at Quarter.

At quarter the CRIMSON places a man who unfortunately had little opportunity to show his ability in the Harvard game, but who is universally conceded to be the greatest field general of the year--Captain Barrett of Cornell. Although it is doubtful that he is more skillful at running an attack than is Watson, he is a better all-around player, for his team's play always offers the threat of a dangerous quarterback run, and he is a drop-kicker and punter of more than average ability.

Berryman, the sensational Penn. State half-back, is given one position in the back-field, King, of Harvard, the second, and the third to Captain Mahan. This trio offers a fast running backfield of exceptional talent, including a strong line-plunger and clever defensive full-back, and two versatile, speedy half-backs, one of whom is undoubtedly the best all-around football man in the country. Drop-kicking, punting, forward passing, running with the ball and secondary defense would be taken care of by Berryman, King, and Mahan in a way which would be difficult to surpass.

Selection of Second Team.

In picking the second team, the CRIMSON has taken these things into consideration; that Cowen far outplayed the much-heralded Black in last Saturday's game, that Captain Glick of Princeton would have made a better halfback than a field general, and that Walden of Yale far out-shone his team-mates in the Blue line in the Harvard game. It lines up as follows:

Lamberton, l.e.  PrincetonGillies, l.t.  CornellWalden, l.g.  YaleWallace, c.  HarvardCowen, r.g.  HarvardWay, r.t.  YaleShelton, r.e.  CornellWatson, q.b.  HarvardShiverick, l.h.b.  CornellGuernsey, r.h.b.  YaleGlick, f.b.  Princeto

Gilman Probable All-American Choice.

Hogg, another Princeton man, and the

Ithacan Leader at Quarter.

Selection of Second Team.