SIX, STRAIGHT VICTORIES BEHIND PRINCETON ELEVEN

Review of Season Shown Gradual Growth in Strength From Early Games to Present

The Princeton football team opened its season with many of its regulars out of the game because of illness and injuries. Both the line and backfield were seriously weakened, which, with the adoption of a new coaching system, made the outlook far from encouraging. The victory over Georgetown in the first game of the season by 13 to 0 was due largely to many fumbles on the part of the visiting team.

Since that time, however, rapid strides have been made. The heavy Rutgers team was defeated 10 to 0, Syracuse 3 to 0, and Lafayette 40 to 3, chiefly by excellent defensive work and good all around play by the backs. In the game with Dartmouth, the real strength of the Princeton team was first shown. The defence was impenetrable, the generalship of Captain Glick excellent, and the individual play of Tibbott, who scored 16 points, and of Driggs, who excelled in punting, were factors in the overwhelming victory of 30 to 7. A 27 to 0 victory over Williams was accomplished last week without the aid of five of the Tiger regulars. Indications thus far point to one of the strongest teams Princeton has turned out in many years. It has scored 123 points to its opponents 10, and has not lost a single game this season.