FIFTY HOCKEY CANDIDATES OUT

Coach Winsor at First Meeting Outlined Preliminary Practice.

Fifty men reported last night as candidates for the University hockey team. There is an abundance of strong material from last year's University team and the 1918 Freshman team, making the prospects for the coming season excellent. Coach A. Winsor, Jr., '02, outlined the work of the season to the candidates and announced that strict training would begin today. In addition to the conditioning runs and goal shooting that will be included in Monday's and Tuesday's programs there will be several important talks in the course of the season. Ice practice will start in the Boston Arena Wednesday. Men must start immediately to wear high shoes and hockey equipments must be ready by Wednesday. Dr. Frothingham will have charge of the squad as medical supervisor again this year. The team will practice in the Arena afternoons from 5 to 6 o'clock and on Wednesdays and Fridays the rink will be sharded with the Harvard Club team, while on Tuesdays and Thursdays the B. A. A. squad will be on the ice with the University. Since the team is thus handicapped all men must be dressed and ready to go on the ice promptly every day. There will be again this year a second team for men dropped from the University squad and it is very probable that a schedule will be arranged for the seconds which will include a game with the Yale scrubs.