RELAY TEAM IN ANNUAL MEET

UNIVERSITY MEN REPRESENTED IN SECOND DIVISION MILITIA GAMES.

The University will be represented by a 440-yard relay team in the annual athletic meet of the second division naval militia in the Connecticut State Armory, Hartford, tonight at 8 o'clock. Captain F. W. Capper '15, W. J. Bingham '16, W. Willcox '17 and T. R. Pennypacker '16 will race the Pennsylvania, University quartet, each man running a quarter-mile. J. E. Meredith will be the anchor man for Pennsylvania. It was also planned to run a 4-mile relay race against Dartmouth, but this has been cancelled, and the quarter-mile relay is the only event in which the University track men have been entered.

In addition to the four men named above, H. W. Minot '17 will make the trip as substitute. He may be entered also in a 300-yard or 390-yard dash.

The University men practiced starts and took time trials on the Boston Athletic Association board track on Irvington street yesterday afternoon, and all of them made commendable performances. Coach Donovan and J. Greenough '15, manager, will accompany the team, leaving this afternoon at 2 o'clock from the South Station.

Meredith's teammates will be picked from the following men: H. C. Balcom, A. J. Dorsey, F. Hartman, E. Hepburn, E. Humphries, F. Kaufman, A. Jack, D. F. Lippincott, J. E. Lockwood, J. Peeso, P. Sigmund and E. E. Stout.

While in Hartford the University track men will stay at the New Bond Hotel, and after the meet will return to Cambridge Saturday noon.

Harvard will be represented in five events at the Providence games in the Rhode Island State Armory tomorrow night: the 50-yard dash, 880-yard run, mile-run, 50-yard hurdles and the high jump. About 15 men besides the coach and managers will leave for Providence tomorrow afternoon at 4.11 o'clock.

Take Strength Tests Tuesday.

All track men entered in the Winter Carnival next Wednesday and Thursday who have not taken strength tests are requested to take them between 2 and 3.30 o'clock Tuesday afternoon. Those who have not taken the strength tests by that time will not be allowed to participate.