RELIGIOUS CONFERENCE OPENS

DELEGATION OF 25 WILL ATTEND ANNUAL CONVENTION IN HARTFORD.

About 25 members of the University will leave South Station this afternoon at 4 o'clock for Hartford, Conn., where the eleventh annual conference of eastern college men, held under the auspices of Andover, Hartford, and Union Theological Seminaries, will begin this evening with a dinner at the Centre Church House.

The Subject of the conference is "The gospel ministry as the supreme service for the man of today." The Reverend Albert Parker Fitch '00; President of Andover Theological Seminary, will talk on "What is the gospel ministry," this evening. Besides the regular program there will be discussions by the delegates on practical religion. The conference will last through Sunday.

Any men who wish to take this trip and have not already signified their intention should see J. C. Manry '13, at Phillips Brooks House this morning.

Owing to the state law prohibiting moving pictures in the Union twice within a week, the Freshman entertainment committee has substituted a professional vaudeville show of six acts for its smoker next Thursday