Campaign for Cleaner Government

Communication

(We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest, but assume no responsibility for sentiments expressed under this head.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

May I use the columns of your paper in behalf of a campaign that is being waged for cleaner government here in Cambridge? For years Cambridge has been controlled by a corrupt Democratic "ring" and has gained the reputation of being one of the worst governed cities, in the country. This year a more determined effort than ever before is being made to defeat this "ring" and conditions appear to be favorable. The Citizens Party is planning to make a personal canvass of a certain portion of the voters the nights before election, Monday, March 8. To do this it will need help and it is asking all University men who will give two or three hours that evening to communicate with the undersigned at 73 Frost street. Here is a distinct opportunity to aid in a fight against Municipal corruption at a time when such aid is of the utmost importance. C. M. ROGERS, JR., '14