TWO GREEK PLAYS IN STADIUM

GRANVILLE BARKER WILL PRESENT CLASSICS BY EURIPIDES MAY 18 AND 19.

Granville Barker, the distinguished English producer, and his company will present "Iphigenia in Tauris," and "The Trojan Women," both by Euripides, in the Stadium on the afternoons of May 18 and 19. The plays will be presented in the open air on a stage closely resembling the stage of the ancient Greek theatres. The presentations at the University will be a part of a series that will include performances at Yale, Princeton, Pennsylvania, and the College of the City of New York.

The translations of "Iphigenia" and "The Trojan Women" are those of Professor Gilbert Murray, of Oxford. The music for the ehorus has been composed by Professor David Smith, of Yale; and the stage, scenery, and costumes have been designed by Norman Wilkinson. In his enterprise Mr. Barker also has the co-operation of the following committee appointed by Professor Butler, of Columbia: Professor Baker, of the English Department; Professor Phelps, of Yale; Professor Egbert, of Columbia; Professor Abbott, of Princeton; Professor Mott, of the College of the City of New York; Professor Schelling, of Pennsylvania; and Dean Stoddart, of New York University.