STARS SECURED FOR GREEK PLAYS

Edith Wynne Matthison and Lilla McCarthy in Leading Parts.

Granville Barker, the distinguished English producer who will produce "Iphigenia in Tauris" and "Trojan Women," in the Stadium on the afternoons of May 18 and 19, has announced the engagement of Miss Edith Wynne Matthison and Miss Lilla McCarthy to take two of the leading roles in "Trojan Women." The engagement of Miss Matthison is a re-establishment of an association between Mr. Barker and Miss McCarthy as managers, and Miss Matthison, which was noteworthy because of the first appearance of "Trojan Women" which was given in the Court Theatre, London, in 1904. Professor Gilbert Murray's translation of the play, which was used then, will also be used in the Stadium.

In addition to the two English stars, Mr. Barker has engaged the prominent American actresses, Miss Chrystal Herne and Miss Gladys Hanson. Miss Herne has just finished a successful season in the leading role in "Polygamy" at the Park Theatre, New York, and Miss Hanson has played in many of David Belasco's productions, including "The Governor's Lady."

Tickets for the productions in the Stadium have been placed on sale at the Columbia Phonograph Co., 174 Tremont street, Boston. The prices are 50 cents, $1.00, $1.50, and $2.00.