LET THE CLASSES VOTE.

At their last meeting, the executive committee of the Student Council found it advisable to lay the petition asking for a class vote on the beer question, on the table for more mature consideration. This was without doubt a judicious move, questions like this are not decided to best advantage in the heat of controversy. But on the other hand, it is not to be thought that the affair is forgotten, and to be quietly shelved.

The Student Council, in their meeting today, will again consider the petition. It is well to remember that the request is not for the prohibition of beer at class smokers, but for a class vote upon the subject. The most intolerant could hardly deny the justice of such a demand. Such questions can only be satisfactorily disposed of by popular vote, and agitation and strife will continue until such a vote is obtained. The results of the Forum were enough to indicate that both sides have active support. The members of the Student Council should remember that the prestige of that body depends almost entirely upon the intelligent handling of public issues such as this.