MILITARISTS SPEAK IN UNION

MAJOR-GENERAL WOOD TO TALK ON VALUE OF SUMMER CAMPS.

Major-General Leonard Wood, M. D. '84, of the United States Army, will be the chief exponent of the summer military camps at a meeting in favor of army training to be held in the Union Living Room this evening at 8 o'clock. President Lowell will speak and the United States Army will be further represented by Adjutant-General C. H. Cole. The meeting will be open to all members of the University.

An opportunity to meet General Wood will be given at an informal dinner in the Union at 6.30 o'clock, before the assemblage in the Living Room. Men who have signified their intention of attending a summer military camp this summer will be given a chance to talk with General Wood at this dinner.

Major-General Wood is one of the most prominent military men in the country at the present time. The University conferred upon him the degree of LL.D. in 1889. In 1886 he became an assistant surgeon in the United States Army. In 1899 he was appointed brigadier-general of the Army, and in the same year he was made military governor of Cuba. He received his present rank four years later. In 1910 he was made chief of staff and, in 1914, additional honor was tendered him when he was placed in full charge of the Department of the East.