YALE GAME AT NEW HAVEN?

GREAT POSSIBILITY THAT BIG CONTEST WILL BE STAGED IN BOWL.

That the problem of extra seats at this year's Yale game has become a really serious one is evident from the fact that there is now a great possibility that the contest will have to be staged in the Yale Bowl, and not in the Stadium as scheduled.

Graduate Treasurer F. W. Moore yesterday afternoon made the statement that unless it is found possible to reconcile the Athletic Association's plans for temporary stands with the regulations as laid down by the Boston Building Commission, the obligation to meet the ticket demands of Harvard and Yale alumni will necessitate playing the big game in New Haven. According to the Boston city ordinance, the construction of wooden stands is illegal. According to the careful investigations of the H. A. A., permanent addition to the Stadium is at this time as inexpedient as the purchase and storing of steel constructions is financially impossible. These being the facts, it is apparent that there is a great possibility of a change in the scene of the 1915 Harvard-Yale game.

First Secret Practice of Year.

A long black-board talk on the experience gained from last Saturday's game, the first secret practice of the year, and a hard scrimmage between elevens A and B featured yesterday's practice of the University football team.

Captain Mahan led his squad into the Stadium shortly after 4 o'clock. Punting, passing, and running down under kicks was the order of the early work for the backs, centres, and ends, while C. Blagden '02 took the linemen in charge and gave them a stiff drill.

The line-up for scrimmage found H. S. Middendorf '16 and A. J. Weatherhead '16 unable to play, Middendorf having a slightly sprained ankle and Weatherhead still out with an injured thumb. Teams A and B battled for twenty minutes without score, but finally, after one blocked effort, W. Whitney '16, from the 25-yard line, lifted a pretty field-goal over the bar for Team B, this being the only score of the afternoon's play. Nelson has been shifted from the line to the backfield, adding another to the list of heavy backs.

Regular training table for the University team will be inaugurated this morning when 32 members of the first squad will report at the Varsity Club. The line-up:TEAM A.  TEAM B.Coolidge, L. Curtis, l.e.  r.e., GilmanParson, l.t.  r.t., DadmunDuncan, l.g.  r.g., BurrWiggin, c.  c., TaylorCowen, r.g.  l.g., SnowBigelow, r.t.  l.t., R. C. CurtisSoucy, r.e.  l.e., LymanWatson, Willcox, q.  q., Boles, MurrayKing, Horne, r.h.b.  l.h.b., WhitneyMahan, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Nelson, ThacherMcKinlock, f.b.  f.b., Enwrigh