MUSICAL CLUBS START SEASON

TRIALS WILL BEGIN NEXT WEEK.--PLANS MADE FOR ENSUING YEAR.

The University Musical Clubs will inaugurate their 1915-16 season with trials for new men the first half of next week. Candidates for the Glee Club will report at the Music Building either Wednesday or Thursday evening at 7 o'clock; and candidates for the Mandolin and Banjo Clubs will report in Thayer 51 Tuesday or Wednesday evening at 7 o'clock. Freshmen and graduate students, as well as members of the three upper classes, are eligible for places in the Clubs. All candidates should bring a solo to the trials. At the instrumental trials, men who play the following may report: mandolin, mandola, mando-bass, guitar, 'cello, clarinet, violin, ukulele, banjo, banjeaurine, traps. Except in the case of men of unusual ability, all candidates for the Mandolin and Banjo Clubs will be required to play two instruments, according to the rule established last year. The Glee Club will hold trials not only for singers, but also for accompanist and for "funny man," men with ability to perform a humorous stunt being particularly desired. Besides the new men, all members of the Clubs last year are expected to report to the leaders at the time of the trials.

The tentative schedule of concerts for the year shows a great number of trips to all parts of New England. The two most important evnts of the fall will be the dual concerts with Yale in Jordan Hall, Boston, and with Princeton at Princeton on the evenings preceding the big football games. A trip through the Middle Atlantic States is being planned for the first half of the April recess, including performances in New York, Montclair, N. J., and probably Philadelphia and Albany, provided the necessary Faculty permission can be secured. Other probable trips are to Keene and Manchester, N. H., Providence, and Fall River. Three concerts at girls' schools in Massachusetts together with a concert and dance at the Copley-Plaza shortly before Lent will feature the local schedule. The Glee Club will participate with Dartmouth, Columbia, and Pennsylvania in the intercollegiate championship at New York on February 26.