LONG DRILL PRECEDED BRISK SCRIMMAGE FOR HOCKEY SQUAD

Work of Second-String Defence Men Held Team A to Two Goals While Bliss Scored for B.

A long drill in passing, shooting and following in rebounds, and a brisk, short scrimmage between teams A and B was the practice for the University squad at the Arena yesterday afternoon. The scrimmage, which was decidedly better than that of the day before, ended 2 to 1 in favor of team A. That the first team did not score more was in large measure due to the sterling defensive work of the second-string backs, Eckfeldt in particular handling his stick cleverly. Thacher scored the first goal, whipping the puck past Abbott on a quick pass from W. Morgan. Bliss evened the score for team B with a good shot from the side, and Thacher tallied the winning goal just as the scrimmage ended. Abbott made a good stop of Percy's drive, but Thacher caught the puck on the rebound and pushed it in.

Thacher's work has improved lately, and W. Morgan held up the other end of the line in good shape, although his light weight sometimes counted against him. The forwards, however, still show a tendency to lag. All of them are also apt to skate out of position and run into each other, getting their passes off slowly, and in the case of the wings, playing the boards too much.

The teams lined up as follows: TEAM A.  TEAM B. W. Morgan, l.w.  r.w., Bliss Baker, l.e.  r.e., Baldwin Percy, r.c.  l.c., Fisher Thacher. r.w.  l.w., Rice Doty, c.p.  c.p., Eckfeldt J. Morgan, p.  p., Clark Wylde. g.  g., Abbott