Relay Team Will Face Tech.

Among the other events in the Coast Artillery Meet on January 29, the University short relay team will meet the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the first race of the season. A good race is assured, for last year the University relay only beat Technology through Bingham's sprint past Guething in the last lap. The 1919 team will race the Tech. Freshmen the same evening.

Coach Donovan gave the short distance men time trials for two laps yesterday. To get the runners in shape for the first race, the training table for the relay teams will start Monday.

Babbitt Won Pole-Vault.

C. S. Babbitt '18 won the pole-vault competition in the Cage yesterday with a height of 11 feet 6 inches (handicap 6 inches). His actual vault of 11 feet equalled Haydock's record last week. W. E. Sullivan '18 took second with 11 feet 3 inches (handicap 1 foot 6 inches), and for third there was a tie at 10 feet 6 inches between G. G. Haydock '16 (scratch) and M. T. McDonald '18 (handicap 6 inches).

There will be competitions in the 12- pound shot for Freshmen, in the 16- pound shot for upper-classmen, and in the 35-pound weight for both in the Cage this afternoon at 4 o'clock