CREW PRACTICE RESUMED FOR CORNELL ROWING CANDIDATES

University and Freshman Squads at Work.--No Organization Until After Mid-Years.

Crew practice at Cornell has been resumed for all candidates, both university and freshman, in the upper crew room of the armory at Ithaca. Until after the mid-year examinations the candidates will not be required to report at any specified time, but will row at least three times each week.

Mr. Hoyle, who has charge of the practice in Coach Courtney's absence, will make no effort to organize the men into regular combinations for the present. When the regular work re-opens after the examinations, however, combinations will be formed immediately and last year's plan of holding practice for the university and freshman candidates on alternate days will be followed out.

The practice which has recently been resumed by the crews is the first that they have done since ice prevented outdoor work on the inlet early in December. In years past practice has been taken up indoors as soon as the weather put a stop to work on the inlet in the fall, but this year the coaches decided to try the innovation of giving the men a thorough rest for a month instead.

At this time last year, the university men were organized into regular combinations which had been carried through from the fall practice on the inlet, but the number of men who failed to pass their examinations completely disorganized the eights. As a result the entire squad had to be reorganized in February and new combinations worked up. With the plan being tried this year the men will be fresher and will be more easily arranged in final combinations when the mid-years are over.