SECONDS LOST HARD SCRIMMAGE

University Scored Three Goals to One at Arena Yesterday.

The second team faced the University hockey seven in a 35-minute practice scrimmage at the Arena yesterday afternoon, which resulted in a victory for the University players by the score of 3 to 1. The warm weather made the ice somewhat soft and sticky, and this caused many falls.

Passing was not much in evidence again yesterday, and most of the attempts to score were on individual rushes. The puck was hovering in front of the second team goal most of the time, but the first team forwards seemed quite unable to get their sticks on it for a good shot, and thus many chances to score were lost.

Percy scored the first goal on a short, quick shot which bounded off Liggett's guards. Later Baker carried the puck down the ice to the goal, but his shot went wide, and Percy caught the rebound from the boards and drove the rubber into the net. Bliss scored the University's third goal on a quick shot from the side, and then Scott tallied for the second team, driving the puck in from a mix-up near the goal. The University men were too fast on their skates for the second team, and broke away frequently only to lose a chance to score by weak shooting. The scrubs, however, put up a stiff fight and rushed the puck into the opposite danger zone several times. Percy played very effectively for the University, while Captain Appleton and Rice did well on the second seven. Captain Morgan was excused from practice again yesterday.

The teams lined up as follows: UNIVERSITY.  SECOND TEAM. Baker, W. Morgan, T. Rice, l.w.  r.w., Kissel, Powell, Furness Curtis, Baldwin, l.c.  r.c., Patterson, Dunmore, Gazzam Percy, Fisher, r.c.  l.c., W. Rice, Scott Thacher, Bliss, Taylor, r.w.  l.w., Folsom, Timpson Doty, Clark, c.p.  c.p., Appleton Eckfeldt, Gardner, p.  p., Duncan, Ginn Wylde, Abbott, g.  g., Liggett, Talcott