MEMORIAL SOCIETY TO HOLD MEETINGS SOON

Topics Connected with History of the University to be Discussed. Other Activities.

The Memorial Society is planning an increased activity this spring in the various branches of its work. Plans are under discussion for several regular meetings of the society after mid-years at which various men will speak on subjects connected with the history of the University. Several old and rare documents and prints will probably be facsimiled for the members.

The most important work under consideration is the placing of a tablet on University Hall commemorating the 100th anniversary of its erection in 1815. N. H. Partridge '17 is in charge of this work and it is expected that it will be definitely completed this spring.

The annual Memorial Day exercises are in charge of a committee which is to confer with Mr. W. C. Lane, the President of the Society, as to the details. The usual parade with the Harvard Veterans will be conducted. Several speakers are under consideration to deliver the oration in Sanders Theatre, and there will be the dinner for the Veterans at Memorial Hall.

It is also planned to bring the lists of men rooming in Matthews, Thayer, and Massachusetts up to date and place the lists in the rooms as has been done in Hollis, Stoughton, and Holworthy. R. Coggeshall, '16 is carrying on the completion of the lists.

It is hoped to publish the University Guide this spring. A new edition is urgently needed, inasmuch as the previous one is exhausted. The society has edited the Guide and has now brought it up to date for a new edition, with the addition of pictures of the new buildings and various new items of interest. It is hoped to secure a sufficient appropriation to secure its early appearance.