HOCKEY TEAM DEFEATED HARVARD CLUB SEVEN

Won 40-Minute Scrimmage by 4 to 3 Score.--University's Team-Work Showed Advance.

The University hockey squad had a thorough two-hour work-out in every department of the game at the Arena yesterday afternoon. A lively 40-minute scrimmage with the Harvard Club seven resulted in a victory of 4 goals to 3 for the University at the end of the period. The three veterans of the 1915 University team, Phillips, Claflin, and Wanamaker, playing for the Harvard Club, showed flashes of speed, and Phillips' stick-work was especially good. Twice he carried the puck past the University defence by himself, passing once to Wanamaker and once to Hicks, both of whom scored, while he scored the third goal himself on a pass from Saltonstall.

Both teams played at top speed after Wanamaker had tallied the first goal, and this, as well as the rough condition of the ice, was responsible for a good many falls. Curtis evened the score for the University after ten minutes of fast playing, and several other hard shots were turned off by Abbott, who played goal for the Harvard Club. Hicks scored next for the Harvard Club. Two more for the University and one by Phillips followed in quick succession, and finally Lombard shot the rubber in for the winning goal. Doty, who has been out with an injured ankle, is in shape again, and played most of the time yesterday.

Season tickets at $2.50 each, admitting to all games at the Arena, except Yale, including those with Princeton and Cornell, are still on sale at Leavitt & Peirce's and the H. A. A.

The teams lined up yesterday as follows: UNIVERSITY.  HARVARD CLUB. W. Morgan, Fisher, l.w.  r.w., Hicks Curtis, Baker, l.c.  r.c., Saltonstall Percy, Baldwin, r.c.  l.c., Phillips Thacher, Bliss, r.w.  l.w., Wanamaker Doty, Eckfeldt, c.p.  c.p., Claflin J. Morgan, Gardner, p.  p., Cutler Wylde, Liggett, g.  g., Abbott