TRACK MEN GIVEN FASTER WORK

To Enter Team for Broad-Jump in Intercollegiates on March 4.

Coach Donovan gave the short relay squad somewhat faster work yesterday afternoon over a distance of five or six laps. Captain Bingham led the candidates for the 780-yard team the best part of a mile, lengthening out a bit in the last three or four laps.

It is planned to enter a team of five men in the broad-jump in the indoor intercollegiates on March 4 in New York, but more men must come out if a representative team from the University is to compete. More candidates are needed therefore in this event, and Freshmen as well as upper-classmen should report for practice in the Baseball Cage at 3.30 o'clock. The high-jumpers will work out an hour earlier.

Few Freshmen broad-jumpers have reported as yet and men are urged to come out even though lacking previous experience. This winter practice is especially important for developing new material, for the coaches have more time than in the spring to devote to training men and helping them to better their form. Weekly competitions will soon be held in this as in the other field events, and the opportunity to enter the various meets will also be offered.