UNIVERSITY DOWNED, 2 TO 0, BY HARVARD CLUB SEVEN

Ragged Harvard Line Was No Match for Speed and Accuracy of Clifford and Phillips.

The Harvard Club hockey seven showed flashes of strength against the University in a 30-minute scrimmage yesterday evening at the Arena, and won by the score of 2 to 0. Clifford and Phillips were the main factors for the Harvard Club, the latter's speed and stick-work being especially effective. The University forwards took several long shots at the Harvard Club goal, but lacked the necessary "follow-through" to score. The team played very raggedly, getting out of position and offside frequently, and seldom passing effectively. This was particularly true in the case of the wings, who continue to show a tendency to hold on to the puck and play the boards instead of passing out to the centres.

For the first half of the scrimmage the play was mostly in the University's end of the rink. Gorham, taking Winamaker's place on the left end of the Harvard Club's line, knocked the rubber in on a short drive, and a few minutes later Phillips tallied on a pretty pass from Saltonstall.

Doty was hit in the head by the puck early in the scrimmage, but returned to the game after a few minutes. Harris and Gardner were excused from practice on account of colds, but will probably be in shape again today.

The teams lined up in the following order yesterday: HARVARD  HARVARD CLUB. Rice, l.w.  r.w., Hicks Curtis, l.c.  r.c., Saltonstall Percy, r.c.  l.c, Phillips Thacher, r.w.  l.w., Wanamaker Doty, c.p.  c.p.,Clifford Morgan, p.  p., Cutler Wylde, g.  g., Sagar

Queen's Has Strong Aggregation.

Queen's College of Canada, which defeated the University last year after a close game by the score of 2 to 1, will bring another fast seven, including three of last year's stars, to the Arena on Saturday. Paoli, the goal-tender, Rappell, who scored both goals for Queen's last year, and Dobson, who was captain of Queen's when they won the Allan cup and world's championship, are the veterans. Box, Wallace, Parker, and Purvis, all hockey players of repute in Canada, are the others who will probably start the game.

According to present plans, the Queen's squad will arrive in Boston on Saturday morning, and will stay at the Copley Square Hotel.

Queen's Has Strong Aggregation.