FRESHMEN OPPOSE TECH. 1920

Coach Rollins Taking No Chances of Injuries Before Exeter Game.

The 1920 football team is scheduled to play the Technology freshmen on Soldiers Field at 3 o'clock this afternoon. The game was to have been played yesterday but a postponment was necessitated because of the Technology eleven's inability to compete at that time.

The Freshman team will not present its regular line-up today because Coach Rollins '16 does not want to take any chances on injuries to the squad before the game with Exeter. Acting Captain Church will be excused from the game together with Geary, Hadley and Woods, and second-string men will be put in their places. Although these men, with the exception of Hadley, are not incapacitated, the coaches have decided that they deserve a day's rest. Weden will start the game as a substitute for Horween, but the latter will probably be given a little workout toward the end of the scrimmage.

The Freshmen had a hard scrimmage with the second team yesterday afternoon which the seconds won 7 to 0. The 1920 eleven was able to work itself toward the second team's goal by straight rushes and a couple of long forward passes, but found its opponents' line impervious and was held for downs on the 5-yard line. The second team punted out and recovered the Freshmen's fumble of the punt. The only score was then secured on a line-buck by N. V. Nelson '18, after the ball had been carried the length of the field in a dozen plays. W. Platt '19 kicked the goal.

The Freshman line-up for today's game follows: Whitney, l.e.; McKittrick, l.t.; Thorndike, l.g.; Caswell, c.; Brocker, r.g.; Cheney, r.t.; Livingston, r.e.; Bullard, q.; Post, l.h.b.; Weden, r.h.b.; Blanchard, f.b.