AGE TO BE SERVED

The College of the City of New York has recently instituted a plan by which any man in New York City over 21 may be admitted to vocational courses without having to take the regular entrance examinations of the college. The new plan will enable middle-aged men who failed to obtain a college education earlier in life to make up for this loss and also to take such courses as may aid him in his profession or business. The fees for admission to courses have been reduced to ten dollars for this new class of students. The announcement of the plan has already proved that a desire for further education on the part of older men exists. The enrolment in the courses for the coming year has reached two thousand.

This effort by the College of the City of New York to broaden the policy of college education in the United States is highly commendable and the results of this plan must necessarily be watched with interest. If age is willing to be taught, the opportunity to learn surely ought not to be lacking.