SATURDAY'S GAMES

With most of the University regulars in storage for the Yale game, our eleven lost to Brown on Saturday afternoon; but this absence of first-string material can by no means minimize an ably won victory, for, with the wonderful Pollard, the Brown players would have given the regulars a hard battle. Although defeated, the Harvard team did not give up fighting until the last whistle was blown. Thus, as the New York Times says, the victory "should not detract from Haughton's prowess, but redound to the greater glory of Ed. Robinson's football pupils."

By winning from the Yale freshmen, the 1920 eleven shed a ray of light on an otherwise dark day. It is a satisfaction to look into the future, for we have proof that these Freshmen are "the stuff that teams are made of."

And with regard to the near future and that other New Haven game: we know that winning from Princeton is an old Yale custom--a rule which has been proved by few exceptions since 1899. Of late years, too, the habit of losing on the following Saturday has developed. Yale's customs are stubborn things to uproot.

Let the old institutions endure!