UNDERGRADUATE SUPPORT IMPERATIVE

With a burst of enthusiastic, sincere support for the football team today the undergraduate body can in part make up for the disgraceful lack of such encouragement during the past season, and give the eleven the necessary confidence to insure a victory on Saturday. At the Brown game the unorganized cheering of the sailors from the Navy Yard was impressive and inspiring compared to the desultory efforts of the Harvard cheering section. One would have thought the undergraduates cared little whether the team representing their own university won or lost. Last Saturday's game might as well have been played in Kansas City, for the psychological advantage of playing in the Stadium was nil. There was no singing, and the few cheers lost all value on account of their wretchedness.

No benefit comes of commenting on the sins of the past. This afternoon occurs the annual parade to the Stadium and the cheering of all the members of the team. Tonight at seven-thirty, in the Union, Mr. Haughton will tell undergraduates a few facts about this year's team and the possibilities of victory. Here are two concrete ways for every individual to give the team the support it unquestionably deserves, and the man who fails to attend both meetings forfeits his right to enjoy a Harvard victory this fall.

Yale defeats at the hands of Harvard will never become a habit without the active support of the undergraduate body at every game. There has not been proper support given the team this fall, and only a giant effort today and next Saturday will convince Captain Dadmun's men that they are really fighting for Harvard rather than for some university for the education of the dumb.