77,000 To See Fight

Players Find Field Wet and Slippery.

NEW LONDON, CONN., Nov. 23, 1916.--The squad of 31 players arrived in New Haven at 2 o'clock this afternoon, and went directly to the Bowl for a short practice. The field was a sea of mud, however, and no scrimmage or signal drill was attempted. Horween and Minot punted well in the rain, and Casey and Robinson seemed little bothered by the slippery ball in handling kicks. The ends and linemen ran down under punts. Before leaving the field Robinson booted a few drop-kicks over from the 25-yard line. Better weather is expected tomorrow, and the field should be in good playing condition by Saturday.

After practice the players took the train for New London where they will spend the night, after attending a moving picture show. Practice tomorrow will be held in the local baseball park, and at 5.30 the rest of the squad will arrive. The players are in excellent physical condition and are not worrying over Saturday's game. The probable line-up: HARVARD  YALE C. A. Coolidge, l.e.  r.e., Comerford Wheeler, l.t.  r.t., Baldridge Dadmun, l.g.  r.g., Fox Harris, c.  c., Callahan Snow, r.g.  l.g., Black Caner, r.t.  l.t., Gates Harte, r.e.  l.e., Moseley, Church Robinson, q.  q., Smith, La Roche Thacher, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Legore Casey, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Neville Horween, f.b.  f.b., Jaques