REVIEW OF YALE SEASON SHOWS ATTACK POWERFUL

Tremendous Scoring Power of Early Season Led to Victory Over Princeton.

Yale commenced its football season early in September with a large amount of good material with which to build up a team. There were abundant candidates for the backfield permitting many combinations to be tried out. H. W. Legore 1917 stood out most prominently then, and has proved himself a great player.

More places were open for new candidates in the line, but Captain Black at guard formed a solid foundation around which to build up a strong rush-line, the best for several years.

The team as a whole has shown unification of action, and has shown itself invincible against all its opponents except the powerful and well-drilled Brown eleven.

Yale opened its season by defeating Carnegie Tech. 25 to 0. The score was large but the team had not yet become a steady machine which could be relied on at any time. It wavered, sometimes showing a powerful driving attack that swept all in front of it and then again weakening and not gaining at all.

The Virginia team was swamped a week later by the score of 61 to 3. The interference of the Yale team in this game was the one big feature that stood out in an otherwise listless game.

Interference Poor Against Lehigh.

Lehigh met the Blue eleven a week later with a strong aggregation that was expected to force at least a tie. Instead Yale scored two touchdowns and never once let its goal line be endangered. The game was marred by fumbles, however, and the interference seemed to have disappeared again.

The victory over the Virginia Polytechnic eleven by the score of 19 to 0 was also a disappointing game. As in the Lehigh game, the interference was weak. The Virginia team was weak, and if the Yale eleven had been playing as it did in the first two games, the score would have been much larger.

Washington and Jefferson came to the Bowl a week later expecting to beat Yale, but went down to a 36-to-14 defeat in the fastest and cleanest game of the season. There was no doubt as to Yale's supremacy. They were strong on offence and defence and won with comparative ease.

Colgate Barely Defeated.

Colgate presented the strongest team the Blue eleven had been up against, and very nearly succeeded in winning the game, pushing the Blue team 7 to 3.

Brown was too powerful. After holding the team for two periods, the Yale defence crumbled, and Brown sent over three touchdowns for a 31-to-6 victory.

"Dope" Upset in Tiger Contest.

Last Saturday Yale upset all predictions and theories and walked away with the Princeton game 10 to 0. The victory was not easy; they had to fight hard for it, but somehow, just as they have done for the past ten years, they managed to win. Yale played a cautions, careful game. They held back and waited for their opportunity and when it came they were quick to take advantage of it.

On the defence, both teams were on a par. The Yale line was invincible and Princeton had to resort to the open game which was broken up with comparative case. The Yale team put up a good fight in this game as in all the earlier games and they should put up another hard game tomorrow. They are a fighting team with an indomitable spirit, an indefatigable attack, and an invincible defence.