ELIS LOST TO SOCCER TEAM

TWO GOALS ENOUGH TO SHUT OUT YALE ELEVEN IN LIVELY CONTEST.

The University soccer team defeated Yale at New Haven last Saturday 2 to 0. One goal was scored in each half. A few minutes after the opening of the game F. C. Dimond '19 ran the ball down the field and put in the first goal by a long shot from the left side. R. C. Cooke '18 scored the second point in the beginning of the second half after a scrimmage around the goal.

Dimond and Cooke were easily the stars of the offence. They followed the ball closely and evaded the Yale defence. Captain O. G. Daly '17 played an especially strong game on defence. He broke up the Yale advance again and again, saving the goal guard many difficult stops. Emmons at goal played a good game and in the second half when the play centered mostly around the University goal, his work was of the best.

Haskell put up the most heady game for Yale on the offence, while Crawford and Captain Wood were the mainstays of the defence. Haskell nearly scored in the University in the final period, but his shots were not quite accurate enough to save Yale from a shut-out. The game was fast throughout and both elevens gave a good exhibition of team play.

The teams lined up as follows: HARVARD  YALE Emmons, g.  g., Reynolds Freedman, l.f.b.  r.f.b., R. Crawford Daly, (capt.), r.f.b.  l.f.b., T. Crawford Page, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Hoff Lucas, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Nichols Florance, r.h.b.  l.h.b., McCanse Dimond, l.o.f.  r.o.f., Souther Tilghman, l.i.f.  r.i.f., Lee Cooke, c.  c., Haskell T. H. Rice, r.l.f.  l.i.f., Wood (capt.) Kellett, r.o.f.  l.o.f., Darby