ACTORS IN PARALYSIS BENEFIT

Well-Known Players Perform at Boston Opera House Today.

A benefit performance under the auspices of the Militia of Mercy for the victims of infantile paralysis will be held at the Boston Opera House this afternoon from 1.00 to 5.30 o'clock. The funds acquired as a result of the entertainment at the Boston Opera House will be used for supplying braces and other proper appliances and expert orthopedic care for the individual cases as soon as they occur. Furthermore, the committee will endeavor to combat the recurrence of the disease.

The program of the performance is certain to be of extraordinary merit, for as a charity movement of a purely local character, the entertainment has enlisted the aid of Mr. Lawrence McCarthy, manager of the Boston Opera House, who has tendered the theatre free and who is planning the details of the performance which he will personally direct. The following distinguished artists and theatrical companies have volunteered their services: Mrs. Fiske, Marie Tempest, Sir Herbert Tree, Edith Wynne--Matthison, Lydia Lindgren, Mary Ryan and company in the second act of "The Hour Glass"; Clifton Crawford, Margaret. Romaine and John Charles Thomas, from "Her Soldier Boy" at the Shubert; Ernest Truex, Alice Dovey, Oscar Shaw and Julia Mills, of the "Very Good Eddie" company; the Aborn Opera Company, and acts from Diaghileff's Ballet Russe, B. F. Keith's and the Orpheum Theatres.

Seats are on sale at the Opera House and the leading hotels of Boston at prices ranging from 50 cents to $3.