ALLIED BAZAAR OPENS AT 7

1,300 TICKETS SOLD IN ADVANCE TO UNIVERSITY FOR HUGE CARNIVAL.

The National Allied Bazaar, the largest production of its kind ever held in America, will open in Mechanics Building, Huntington avenue, Boston, this evening at 7 o'clock. Already over 200,000 tickets have been sold for the Bazaar, about 1,300 of which have been sold by members of the University Allied Relief Committee. This is the largest advance sale of tickets for any similar event ever made in this country.

There will be booths at the Bazaar representing the different countries, where articles of all sizes at prices large and small, will be sold. Mammoth exhibits have been arranged, and concerts, dancing and cabarets will furnish additional amusement. World famous artists will entertain, and war heroes such as Captain Ian Hay Beith, author of "The First Hundred Thousand," and Sergeant Middlemus, who was blinded by a German shot, will tell of their experiences.

Russian Shrine Made in Sever.

The shrine in the Russian booth which will be dedicated at 9 o'clock tonight, was made on the top floor of Sever. After its dedication it will be used as a booth for the sale of Russian needle work, carvings and ikons.

England will have several booths and the British Imperial Booth, embodying the idea of the empire will be one of the largest displays at the Bazaar. The other British booths are devoted to the different portions of the Empire.

Human Interest in French Booths.

"La Victoire," of which Madame Pupin Burel has charge is the largest of the French booths, and is dedicated to the disabled soldiers of France. There will be on sale articles made by the women of France and sent to this country as an exhibition of their handiwork.

The other Allied countries are represented by booths of which the Italian is the most prominent. Italian Day will be December 14.

"Tank" and Trench on View.

Of the war exhibits the British "tank" which has been so successful on the western front against the Germans, will attract the greatest attention. Next is interest is the war trench, made under the supervision of Captain Norman Charles Thwaites, V.C., Fourth London Dragoon Guards. Captain Thwaites has been especially detailed by the British government to supervise the British exhibits at the different bazaars in this country.

Marquis de Polignac has been sent is charge of the French exhibit. He is a sergeant of the French Aviation Corps and will return to service shortly after the first of the year.

The large advance sale of tickets has already assured, a large attendance at the Bazaar, so that it will probably not the $1,000,000 which is the aim of the National Allied Relief Committee of which the Honorable Joseph H. Choate '52 is honorary president.

Tickets 50 Cents After 12 O'clock.

The sale of advance tickets at 25 cents each will close today at 12 o'clock. After that the tickets will be sold at the regular box office price, 50 cents