REGISTER ISSUED TODAY

ACCURACY IMPROVED

The University Register goes on sale today at the Co-operative main and branch stores and at the CRIMSON Building. The price of the volume is $1.25, instead of one dollar, last year's price, an increase due to the scarcity of paper.

Reviewer Commends Appearance.

The forty-third issue of the University Register, placed on sale today gains distinction over its predecessors by the number and variety of its improvements.

A glance at the new volume, crammed with facts arranged so as to be easily accessible, reveals a more pleasing typographical appearance. A dull finish, durable paper has succeeded the thin gloss, and the monotype composition has made for greater accuracy and a more symmetrical arrangement.

The Old English, headlines seem too elaborate, however. The new features speak well for the ingenuity and enterprise of the 1917 board. The inconvenience caused by the late publication is easily offset by the absence of some of the more distressing errors. The scope of the book has been enlarged to include articles about several of the Graduate Schools; a map of the University showing the location of the clubs and the homes of undergraduate activities; and a calendar of the year's events made particularly up-to-date by the incorporation of the baseball schedule, hitherto unpublished. The feature of the 1915-16 book of indexing a man with the pages on which his name appears is better done this year.

The 1916-17 Register is a book that no Harvard man can afford to be without, it is a volume that can be placed in the hands of sub-Freshmen with the assertion, "Here is Harvard." Every organization from the yacht club to the Regimental Band finds a place in it.

In enlarging the scope of the book, the editors have sacrificed convenience to some extent. The alphabetical order of arrangement has not been followed in every respect, and slip-ups in the spelling of names will annoy some. The volume also lacks some of the up-to-date features of last year's; for example, this fall's Phi Beta Kappa elections and other important events now a month old do not appear. Perhaps, however, the attempt at greater accuracy prevented their incorporation.

Too much credit cannot be given to the editors for their sound execution of the important and stupendous task of issuing such a book. To W. B. Southworth '18 particularly belongs the praise for unselfish and unceasing labor.

The price of the book is $1.25, but its inestimable value makes it a sound investment