HOCKEY TEAM BETTERED 1919

UNIVERSITY SEVEN SCORED FOUR GOALS ON FRESHMEN IN PRACTICE GAME.

The University and Freshman hockey teams scrimmaged for half an hour at the Arena in practice yesterday afternoon, the regulars winning by a 4 to 0 score. Baker was the individual star, with 2 goals to his credit, Rice and Fisher scoring the other two, while Gross and Trainer shaped up well for the Freshmen. Marshall, the Freshman coverpoint, fell down when he attempted to check one of the University forwards, hitting his head on the ice, and was knocked unconscious for three minutes, but he will probably be in shape again for practice today. The team worked at a fast pace yesterday, with the forwards keeping well together and following the puck closely.

The line-ups were as follows: UNIVERSITY.  FRESHMEN. Rice, W. Morgan, l.w.  r.w., Gross Baker, Baldwin, l.c.  r.c., Trainer Percy, Fisher, r.c.  l.c., Merrill Thacher, Taylor, r.w.  l.w., Platt Doty, Clark, c.p.  c.p., Marshall J. Morgan, Gardner, p.  p., White Wylde, Abbott, g.  g., Bishop