NEW COURSE IN ZOOLOGY OFFERED

Professor Caullery of University of Paris Will Conduct It.

At a recent meeting of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences the following course by Professor Maurice Caullery, of the University of Paris, was approved:--

Zoology 6 hf. The Present State of the Problem of Evolution. There will be lectures in this course on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2.30, and in addition there will be a weekly conference. This course is open to all students who have taken a half-course in either Botany or Zoology. Moreover, the course is to be conducted in French, and will be open to the public.

Faculty Passed Rules.

The Faculty also passed the following votes:--

First, that beginning with the year 1916-17, the privilege of registration as Special Student in Harvard College, and as Non-Collegiate Student of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, be withdrawn.

Secondly, that beginning the year 1916-17, the Committee on Admission, in consultation with the Dean entrusted with the charge of Special Students, be authorized to admit students without examination, but subject to the approval of the instructors concerned, competent men to be Special Students under the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, such students to constitute a separate body of students under this Faculty, distinct from Harvard College and from the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, to have such privileges of instruction as may be granted in each case by the Committee on Admission, and in other respects to enjoy the same rights and privileges as students in the professional schools of the University.

Thirdly, that the immediate charge of Special Students be assigned to the Dean and Administrative Board for University Extension.