ARCHITECT TO LECTURE TODAY

MR. WHITNEY WARREN WILL SPEAK ON "OUR FRIEND--FRANCE" IN EMERSON.

Mr. Whitney Warren, a distinguished New York architect, will give a lecture on "Our Friend--France" in Emerson D this afternoon at 4.30 o'clock under the auspices of the Cercle Francais. This talk will be open only to members of the University and will be illustrated by lantern slides depicting conditions such as the lecturer actually observed during his residence in the belligerent countries.

Famous as the designer of the Grand Central Terminal in New York, Mr. Warren is also widely known as the author of the official report on the injuries inflicted during the war on the Cathedral of Rheims which as a member he made to the Institute of France. He is a loyal admirer of France and her progress, going there at the beginning of the war to render that country whatever service he was able. While there he aided in the organization and work of the American Hospital of Paris.

After the lecture the Cercle Francais will entertain Mr. Warren at an informal reception in Grays 17. The reception will also be open to members of the French and Architectural Departments.