CHANCE FOR MUSICAL FRESHMEN

Trials for Glee, Mandolin, and Banjo Clubs Begin Wednesday.

The three clubs which will be incorporated into the Freshman Musical Clubs will try out candidates next Wednesday and Thursday evenings at 7 o'clock. Singers will report with a solo to M. A. Shattuck '19 in the Smith Halls Common Room, or to C. W. Cook '19 in the Standish Hall Common Room. These men have been appointed to lead Freshman Glee Club activities for the present in their respective halls. No Freshman director has yet been appointed in Gore Hall. Accompanists for the solos, which candidates must sing, are urgently needed. Candidates for the Banjo and Mandolin Clubs will report with music to R. D. Sears, in his room, Standish A 32. Any Freshman is eligible for these clubs who can play the mandolin, mandola, guitar, violin, cello, flute, clarinet, banjo, banjeaurine, or drums. At the end of the trials 25 men will be retained for the Glee Club and 30 for the Mandolin and Banjo Clubs.

Beginning Wednesday, March 1, weekly song-fests will be held in the various Freshman Common Rooms at 7 o'clock. Well-known songs in which everyone can join will be sung. At the first of these weekly meetings Dr. A. T. Davison '06, who is in charge of Freshman music in general, will announce the winner of the class song competition, and the prize song will be played and sung.