SUMMER CAMP OPENS JUNE 24

Announcement of Courses Offered at Squam Lake Engineering Camp for Next Summer.

The Harvard Engineering Camp will open June 24, 1916, and will be in session eleven weeks. Admission to the Camp is open to qualified men who are registered as students in any department of Harvard University or in any other educational institution or who may register in the Summer School. A knowledge of plane trigonometry and logarithms is necessary for enrolment.

Two courses are offered: Engineering Sciences 4a hf. Surveying.--Use of Instruments; Plane and Topographic Surveying; Levelling; Map Drawing and Field Practice. Five weeks, beginning June 24, to be given by Professor H. J. Hughes and assistants.

Engineering Sciences 4d. Railroad Surveying.--Railroad Curves and Location; Field and Office Practice. Six weeks, beginning Friday, July 28, to be given by Professor H. J. Hughes and assistants. As preparation for this course 4a or its equivalent is required. Course 4a or 4d may be counted as one half-course towards the degree of A.B. or S.B. in the College. Course 4a and the first three weeks of course 4d, if taken in the same summer, may be counted as one course towards the degree of A.B. or S.B.

Each course requires the concentrated use of all the working day; students are allowed to take only one course at a time.

The regular fee, which is charged for all students, is $12 a week, and includes board, lodging in a tent, laboratory fees, and instruction.

The Camp is located on the slope of Red Hill on the eastern shore of Squam Lake, New Hampshire, about forty miles from Mt. Washington. It comprises 700 acres of farm and woodland with living accommodations, class-rooms, and drafting-rooms for 150 students.

Registration should be made on or before June 17. For information address the director of the Camp, Professor H. J. Hughes, Pierce Hall.