FENCING TOURNAMENT BEGINS

UNIVERSITY TEAM WILL MEET YALE AND BOWDOIN IN HARVARD CLUB TODAY.

The preliminaries for the championship of the Intercollegiate Fencing Association will be held in Harvard Hall of the Harvard Club of Boston this afternoon at 3 o'clock, and this evening at 8.30 o'clock. The University, Yale, and Bowdoin will be represented, there being 27 bouts in all, each member of the University team meeting every man on the other two teams. The two teams winning the greatest number of bouts will compete in the finals at the Hotel Astor in New York two weeks later. Admission will be by complimentary tickets which may be procured from members of the team.

The following will represent the University: Captain W. H. Russell '18, G. H. Code '18, and H. P. Hamilton '18. The Yale team will consist of Captain R. P. Pfieiger, E. N. Little, and F. D. Downey, while Captain H. L. Hargraves, J. E. Gray, and S. L. Hanson will fence for Bowdoin.

Bowdoin lost to the University team by the score of 8 to 1 earlier in the season. Yale also proved superior to Bowdoin by the same score. The two teams qualifying in the finals will compete with Cornell, Columbia, Pennsylvania, and Annapolis. The plan had originally been to hold preliminaries also between teams from Columbia, Cornell, and Technology, and between Princeton, Annapolis, and Pennsylvania.