FENCING TOURNAMENT FOR 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS BEGINS

Qualifying Rounds in University, Novice and Freshman Events to be Held This Afternoon.

The preliminary round of the fencing tournaments for the University, novice and Freshman championships will be held in the Fencing Room of the Hemenway Gymnasium this afternoon at 3 o'clock. The finals will be held in the Living Room of the Union tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock. Any student of the University is eligible for the University championship; all men who have not fenced for more than two years are eligible for the novice championship; while any member of 1919 is eligible for the Freshman championship.

A cup will be awarded to the winner of each of the three championships. The H. A. A. has offered the cups for the University and novice championships, while the Freshman trophy, the Roberts Cup, offered for the first time this year, was given by P. B. Roberts '14.

Blue-books have been placed at Leavitt & Peirce's, and competitors must sign up by 12 o'clock today. Contestants for the University and Novice cups, who are not members of the Fencers' Club, will be required to pay an entry fee of $1.