TENNIS TEAMS TRIUMPHANT

University Players Defeated Amherst and 1919 Downed Browne and Nichols.--Both Scores 7 to 0.

The University tennis team defeated Amherst, at Jarvis Field, last Saturday afternoon, in a decidedly one-sided match which resulted in a 7 to 0 score for the University. Amherst failed to win a single set.

The following is the summary by individual matches: Captain R. N. Williams, 2d, '16 defeated W. McCloy, 6-1, 6-4; G. C. Caner '17 defeated R. Davis, 6-0, 6-1; J. S. Pfaffman '17 defeated E. Hendrickson, 6-2, 6-2; W. D. D. Morgan '18 defeated F. Matthews, 6-1, 6-2; Williams and Pfaffman defeated McCloy and Davis, 6-1, 6-1; H. G. M. Kelleher '18 and A. F. Doty '16 defeated E. Blair and E. Hendrickson, 6-2, 6-2.

The 1919 tennis team gained as decisive a victory over Browne and Nichols as did the University over Amherst, at Jarvis Field, last Saturday, the final score being also 7 to 0, in favor of the Freshmen. The best of the matches was that in which Captain R. C. Rand '19 defeated Captain W. T. Richards, 6-1, 6-3.

Tournament Entries Close at 6.

The time for entries in the blue-book at Leavitt & Peirce's for the tournament for the University Championship in Singles has been extended until this evening, at 6 o'clock. So far only a few men have signed up. More should do so at once, if the tournament is to prove as successful as in former years. Each man at the time of signing is required to pay an entry fee of 50 cents. Freshmen are ineligible to compete in the tournament.

Trials for the University, second, and Freshman teams will continue on Jarvis Field today. Hereafter, all matches announced in the CRIMSON will be played unless specific notices to the contrary are posted in Leavitt & Peirce's window before 12 o'clock. The following matches will be played today: At 2--J. Wooldredge '16 vs. W. D. D. Morgan '18 (3 out of 5 sets). At 4--H. G. M. Kelleher '18 and A. F. Doty '16 vs. A. S. Peabody '16 and E. B. Benjamin '18. Second team. At 1.45--E. B. Benedict '18 vs. E. O. Baker '17. At 2.15--H. R. Guild '17 vs. W. Campbell '16. At 2.45--D. Appleton '18 vs. E. O. Baker '17. At 3.45--W. Fleming '17 vs. S. B. McKinley '16. At 4.45--D. K. Dunmore '18 vs. L. E. Green '18; W. R. Bullard '16 vs. winner of Fleming and McKinley. Freshman.--At 2.15--R. C. Rand '19 vs. L. K. Garrison '19; F. W. Hatch '19 vs. G. Towle '19; F. M. Warburg '19 vs. C. J. Coulter '19; J. S. Baker '19 vs. J. S. Levy '19. At 4.15--R. H. Kissel '19 vs. P. E. Stevenson '19.